What We Do
Not so long ago, individuals concerned about their financial futures were often overwhelmed with a disparate range of investment options and independent strategies.
Today, however, the more measured concept of “wealth management” allows a single firm to assist individuals, couples and families in formulating a comprehensive strategy that encompasses the full spectrum of financial life stages.
ZWM specializes in comprehensive and objective fee-only financial planning, addressing:
- Investment planning and implementation: This is the main emphasis of our operations and our focus with our clients. It’s the cornerstone of all other services.
- Financial independence planning/retirement planning: We help determine how much money you need to retire tomorrow or start a business you’ve always dreamed about.
- Risk analysis and risk management (insurance planning): We’ll analyze your insurance needs and work with your insurance professional to implement the best plan for you.
- Estate planning strategy and overview: We will work with you and your attorney to create wills and trusts that best suit your wealth transfer needs and implement family and charitable gifting programs.
- Tax planning: We can assist with tax planning by optimizing the taxation of your investments.
- Charitable giving: We help assess your options for charitable gifting. We have helped many clients establish and operate family foundations.
- Family asset preservation/family wealth planning: ZWM can assist you by providing a roadmap to address multi-generational education and planning issues.
- Business planning/succession planning: We help privately held businesses manage such issues as exit strategies, succession planning and employee benefits planning.
ZWM maintains the highest professional standards in helping you meet such needs. We employ state-of-the-art planning through advanced analysis techniques and sophisticated software. We also believe strongly in the value of continuing education. We are vigilant in our research, keeping us on top of the latest trends and issues that can influence your investment strategies and opportunities. This includes participating in conferences designed to help wealth managers expand their outlooks and strategies.
Most importantly, ZWM provides a continuous, exceptional level of service, a hands-on approach that separates us from the competition. We deliver consistently prompt, individually tailored, detail-oriented attention in the management of your assets. Our standard is to deliver professional, personalized attention that is significantly above and beyond that offered by most financial services providers.
As soon as you sign up for our financial management services, we get to work creating a customized strategy designed to help your wealth grow.
Our first step is to sit down together to assess your objectives, asset allocation strategies and the management processes that will allow for the most efficient growth of your investments.
In the objectives phase, we work with you to determine what types of accounts to establish, based on your existing financial situation. During this phase we will also assess your risk comfort zone to make sure that you’re comfortable with the types of risks that may be involved with specific types of financial instruments. We’ll also set up an expectations timetable to allow for longer-term planning and adjustments to your investing agenda.
Various studies indicate that the bulk of the return of a given portfolio correlates to asset allocation. That’s the basis for our disciplined approach in designing your portfolio, the next step in the process. Once established, asset allocation is reviewed quarterly, with changes made to portfolio weighting when an asset class or category exceeds its range by a statistically significant amount. Other adjustments may also be made in the wake of changes in the economy, U.S. or international financial markets or your personal situation or objectives.
Our goal is to provide clients a clear understanding of how our services and strategies will move forward and help their wealth grow, even before the actual investment program begins.
We take great pride that our clients come to us. We don’t advertise. We don’t cut deals with other professionals to generate business. New clients are referred to us either by current clients or by professionals who have seen how we do business, such as CPA’s, insurance agents and attorneys. It gives us a stream of diverse clients who come to us via the best path available – referral from those who know our services well. We neither pay nor accept referral fees of any kind.
ZWM customizes your financial plan and investment strategy based on your unique set of circumstances. Depending on where you are in your life you may be asking some of the following questions:
- Should I buy or lease a car?
- How much should I be saving?
- Where should I be directing my savings?
- How should I position my investment portfolio for growth?
- What should I do with a salary increase?
- Can I afford to start my own business?
- How well am I managing my cash flow?
- What type of mortgage should I have?
- Do I have adequate disability insurance coverage?
- Should I meet with an estate planning attorney?
- Can I afford to retire the way I envision?
- Do you have a recommendation for a tax professional?
- Can you give me a second opinion on my stock awards or deferred compensation package?
- How will I manage my cash flow when my children go off to college?
- Can you assist me in consolidating my retirement accounts?
- How can I maximize the income from my investments?
- How much can I afford to draw from my portfolio?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Can you advise me on my business succession plan?
- How can I efficiently gift assets to my children or grandchildren?
Whether you’re a couple that’s planning for your retirement years, a business owner/entrepreneur, or a divorced or widowed individual whose spouse handled all of the finances throughout your relationship, ZWM is prepared to offer the individual guidance and personalized service you need to secure your financial future.
MAKING SENSE OF FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL TITLES [PDF]
SEC-NASAA Investor Bulletin
TOP TIPS FOR SELECTING A FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL [PDF]
SEC-NASAA Investor Bulletin
CONSUMER GUIDE TO FINANCIAL SELF-DEFENSE [PDF]
CFP Board Consumer Guide
FINANCIAL SELF-DEFENSE GUIDE FOR SENIORS [PDF]
CFP Board Consumer Guide