COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY
Our staff and many of our clients have strong ties to their communities and donate a portion of their time each week giving back through volunteer work and holding positions on the boards of non-profit organizations. In an effort to recognize this on-going commitment we have to the community, we ask our staff and invite our clients to share with us the service they have donated to their communities:
THOMAS H. ZIMMERMAN, CFP®
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Board at Youth Job Center (YJC)
- Chair of Development Committee at YJC
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Participant of FPA “Planning Days”
MONA EDWARDS, CFP®
- Member of the FPA
- Financial Literacy Volunteer at Kingsley House Community and Support Services
- Pro bono financial planning to veterans participating in “Operation Homefront”
- Volunteer for the Money Wise Financial Literacy Program
MARSHALL A. GARRETT, CFP®
- Director of FPA NexGen - Chicago
- Member of the Young Leader’s Fund (YLF)
- Volunteer in the Departments of Administration & Development at YJC
About our organizations:
FPA is the principal professional organization for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) professionals, educators, financial services providers and students who seek advancement in a growing, dynamic profession.
FPA “Financial Planning Days” are pro bono planning sessions open to the general public at various locations in Chicago.
The Money Wise Financial Literacy Program is sponsored by the Metro Center for Women and Children, a domestic violence shelter in New Orleans.
NexGen is an FPA community focused on the next generation of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals. This community of young planners (age 36 and under) strive to:
- Support, advise and encourage one another in our professional advancement.
- Promote, foster and direct programs that aid in the transfer of knowledge from the pioneers of financial planning to the future of the profession.
- Explore issues common to younger planners and seek means of accentuating the positives and finding resolutions for the negatives.
Operation Homefront provides assistance to wounded veterans and their families during difficult financial times. The FPA has partnered with OH to offer financial planning services to veterans receiving a home donated by this non-profit organization.
YJC of Evanston prepares youth between the ages of 14-25 for success in the workplace by providing job-readiness, job-placement and employment support in partnership with local employers.
YLF is an initiative of the Chicago Community Trust, comprised of young professionals in various industries who work together to research, evaluate and write small grants for emerging non-profit organizations in the Chicago area.